Ossur Dynamic Carbon Fiber AFO
Using Flex-Foot technology as well as carbon fiber, the Ossur Dynamic Carbon Fiber AFO was created. For proper, efficient walking as well as energy return, the AFO Dynamic is a lightweight solution for patients with drop foot.
Age is not important. It’s energy that counts. Traditional ankle foot orthoses provide a measure of support, but people leading busy lives need something more. The energy storing properties of carbon fiber make it an ideal material for this dynamic ankle foot orthosis.
Indications: Drop Foot secondary to:CVA (Cerebral Vascular Accident or Stroke), MS (Multiple Sclerosis), Charcot-Marie-Tooth, Other neurological conditions
Contra-indications: Severe ankle/foot deformities, Sever spasticity, Fluctuation edema
PDAC approved billing code L1932
Click here for Dynamic AFO Application Instructions
- Pre-impregnated carbon fiber
- Dynamic motion
- Energy return
- High durability
- Excellent weight to strength ratio
- Stiffness gradient at heel and toe part corresponds to ground reaction forces as they are applied to the foot.
- Gradual plantar flexion at initial contact
- Medio-lateral stability at mid-stance
- Energy return and assisted propulsion of the limb at toe off
- Supports the foot for ground-clearance during swing phase
- Medial strut makes it less visible
- Simple strap mechanism
- Open structure on anterior tibia shell
- Textile cover on outside of AFO and inside of footplate provides a pleasant cosmetic appearance and keeps fiber residues from coming into contact with the skin.