• Semi-rigid polypropylene brace: While many
orthotics are rigid and put patients at risk, the soft foam of Heelift AFO,
together with the semi-rigid polypropylene brace, provide the best possible
control of the ankle's position and motion while also allowing for limited
• Customizable foam pads: Like Heelift Suspension Boot,
Heelift AFO allows for customization via a 5-centimeter, beveled fixed pad. The
pad elevates the heel and also protects the Achilles tendon. An additional
spare pad with an adhesive backing is also included. The spare pad can be used
to control hip rotation.
• Two types of foam: Heelift AFO is available
with a smooth foam interior (ideal for edematous legs) or a convoluted foam
interior (a slightly cooler option).
• Non-slip traction sole: Heelift AFO has a
non-slip traction sole that allows limited weight bearing while also helping to
prevent slippage. This feature assists in transfers from bed, wheel chairs,
commode, or physical therapy. Assistance is still recommended for ambulating
• Low friction tricot backing: Allows better
mobility for patients while in bed.
• Washable/Autoclavable: Like other Heelift
products, Heelift AFO can be washed safely in a net or mesh laundry bag and can
be autoclaved for sterility.